CONCORD, NC – Oct. 26, 2018 – Persistent rains throughout the morning, continuing into the late evening hours, have forced DIRTcar and Charlotte Motor Speedway officials to postpone Friday’s Driven World Short Track Championship program to Saturday morning.
With clear weather forecasts for tomorrow, racing will now commence at The Dirt Track at Charlotte at 10:00 a.m., with Heat Races in all divisions (except Hornets), two Hornet Features, and All-Star Invitational Features in the afternoon as time allows. Allotting time for track prep before the evening’s program, racing will continue around 5:00 p.m. with Last Chance Showdowns and Championship Features for all divisions.
Due to the shorter schedule, Friday’s originally-scheduled timed Hot Laps will be cut, and Heat Races will line up according to Thursday’s best Hot Lap times. Therefore, drivers who did not make Thursday’s program will start at the back of their Heats.
The bonfire and after-party have been cancelled.
Pits will now open at 8 a.m. on Saturday; front gates at 9 a.m.; Drivers Meetings at 9 a.m.
The first two groups of Pro Late Models will take the track at 9:45 a.m. for Hot Laps to ready the track. Racing will begin at 10 a.m. as follows:
- Pro Late Model 8-Lap Heats
- UMP Modified 8-Lap Heats
- NE Sportsman 8-Lap Heats
- NE Pro Stocks 6 Lap Heats
- Crate Sportsman 6-Lap Heats
- 602 Late Model 6 Lap Heats
- Crate Modified 6-Lap Heats
- Mini-Stock 6-Lap Heats
2 FWD/Hornet 15-Lap Features
All Star Invitational Features (as time allows):
- Pro Late Model 20-Lap Feature
- UMP Modified 20-Lap Feature
- NE Sportsman 20-Lap Feature
- Pro Stock 20-Lap Feature
5:00 p.m. (estimate)
Last Chance Showdowns:
- Pro Late Model 8-Lap Last Chance Showdowns
- NE Sportsman 10-Lap Last Chance Showdown
- UMP Modified 8-Lap Last Chance Showdown
- Monster Mini 8-Lap Last Chance Showdown
- Pro Late Models – 30 laps
- NE Sportsman – 30 laps
- UMP Modifieds – 30 laps
Victory Lane Celebration for First 3 Divisions
- NE Pro Stock 30 laps
- Crate Sportsman – 20 laps
- 602 Late Models 25 Laps
Victory Lane Celebration for Next 3 Divisions
- Crate Modifieds – 25 laps
- MMSA – Monster Minis -25 laps
- 2 Hornets – 15 laps
Victory Lane Celebration for Last 3 Divisions
END OF SHOW – Track secured