Mr. DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Series Event #4 – Stars & Stripes Robert N. Petrocci Memorial 25
DIRTcar, Track Staffing and Contacts;
Chip Burdick 315-778-3407 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Spaid 585-734-5959 email@example.com
Bob Dini 917-939-5417 firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Fremouw 315-521-0530 email@example.com
Jamie Weaknecht 610-349-5413 SuperDIRTpr@dirtcar.com
Joe Skotnicki 704-796-4566 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rolling Wheels Raceway;
Roger Slack 980-939-4341 email@example.com
Jeff Hachmann 315-283-3367 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Farney 315-708-4422 email@example.com
Event Schedule and General Daily Schedule:
Monday, July 4th, 2011:
4:00pm Competitor Pits Open- Hauler Parking
4:15pm Inspection Opens/Draw Begins
6:00pm Mandatory Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Driver’s Meeting @ Series Trailer
6:30pm Hot Laps
Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series
DIRTcar Pro Stock/Stock Car Divisions
DIRTcar Sportsman Series
360 Sprint Car Exhbition
7:00pm Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Bilstein Group Time Trials
7:25pm Opening Ceremonies
7:40pm DIRTcar Pro Stock/ Stock Car Division Qualifying Races (8-laps)
Immediately Following-DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Qualifying Races (8-laps)
Immediately Following – DIRTcar Sportsman Series Qualifying Races (8-laps)
815pm Approx. Super DIRTcar Series Re-Draw (Frontstretch Grandstand side of track)
8:20pm Approx. 360 Sprint Car Exhibition
8:35pm Approx. DIRTcar Pro Stock/Stock Car Division B-Main (if necessary – 8-laps)
Immediately Following – DIRTcar Sportsman Series B-Main (if necessary – 8-laps)
Immediately Following – Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series B-Main (if necessary – 10-laps)
9:00pm Approx. DIRTcar Pro Stock / Stock Car Challenge – 20-laps
9:25pm Approx. DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Series – 25-laps
10:00pm Approx. Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series – 100-laps
DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Series Event Specific Rules;
Rulebook: 2011 Super DIRTcar / DIRTcar Rule Book – http://www.dirtcarump.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/2011_DIRT_Northeast_Rulebook_Draft_B3.pdf
Note: This Event will have ‘Timed Hot Laps’ to determine the Qualifying Race Lineup.
B.) Only Hoosier Racing Tires will be permitted in any DIRTcar sanctioned events. Hoosier (the tire manufacturer) will mark/stamp/brand all legal tires with specified compound and/or other specific DIRTcar designations as listed below;
Front or Rear Tires;
1.) “DIRT Soft” 2.) “DIRT Hard”
1.) “M45” 2.) “D50” 3.) “D60”
Tire Size and Compound Designation:
1.) 11/87-15 M45, D50
2.) 11/90-15 M45, D60
Fuel; Only ‘D’-type VP Racing Gasoline, the official fuel of DIRTcar will be permitted for competition. VP D-98 or a maximum octane will be the only specified fuel permitted at any sanctioned DIRTcar and/or Super DIRTcar Series event. In addition a maximum “94 octane, R+M/2” standard pump gasoline will be permitted. Blending of fuels or gasoline, including VP spec (including ‘D’) fuels of different octane will not be permitted. Alcohol, methanol, nitrous oxide, nitro-methane and/or propylene oxide will not be permitted. Fuel may be subject to inspection and testing at any time. Proof of purchase for the official fuel of DIRTcar may be required.
DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Series Event Specific Rules;
- 30 Car Field Maximum. (4 Provisional positions available to the 2011 Top-12 in current season championship points.)
- Number of Qualifying Races will be based on the total number cars competing in the event. (8-lap qualifying races)
- 2 (or more) ‘B’-Features (10-laps) – Number of Transfers will be posted.
- Top 12 Driver’s from qualifying will redraw for starting position in the feature.
- The race will be based on the 100-point schedule.
*** Payoff will be after the conclusion of the event, at the Super DIRTcar Series Trailer.
Event Specific Rules Continued;
– All starts are side-by-side until the green flag is displayed. The front row must maintain the pace established by the pace car and will be signaled to do so on the one-way radio, if in the judgment of the DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Series Officials, the pace is not maintained a penalty and/or penalties may be issued.
– All restarts in all races (qualifying, B-Main’s and or the Feature) will be double-file with lead lap cars to the front and take place near the exit of turn four as specified in the driver’s meeting. Single file restarts may be instituted at any time during any race at the discretion of the Series Director.
– The leader is the control car on all starts and/or restarts
– Caution laps will not count.
– If at any time the red flag is displayed and competitors are signaled to stop due to a red flag condition, cars must come to a complete stop. After the field is stopped and is under control of the pace car, DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Series Officials, will instruct any vehicle not involved in the red flag incident that needs to pit for service, to pull up to the pace car prior to being released to the pit area on the one-way radio. Any car that pits during the red flag period will be required to restart at the tail of the field in their respective position. If any car heads to the pits without following the instructing over the one-way radio, a 1-lap penalty may be issued.
– All races will end with a green-white-checker finish
– One-way radios are mandatory.
– When the caution is displayed, please get into single-file order, you will be signaled over the one-way radio when it is time to go double-file and/or restart single file.
– It is mandatory to have the following decals on the car (DIRTcar, Super DIRTcar Series, VP Racing Fuels and Hoosier) and the driver must have a VP patch on his uniform.
– To be eligible for other available contingencies you must run the decals. Included is a guided map for two available options to place decals on your vehicle.
– Immediately following the conclusion of the event, the first place car needs to go to the scale first, then we need second and third to the scales and to victory lane.
Be prepared for inspection at Rolling Wheels Raceway Technical Inspection begins at 4:00 pm on Monday, July 4th, 2011 – (Bob Dini, Scott Fremouw):
Safety and General Inspection
General Body Inspection
Pre-Race Engine Inspection
Fuel Samples from Fuel Cell
*** Note: There will be post-race inspection in the located in the inspection area, following the completion of Victory Lane Ceremonies.
Starting Field: 2011 DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Championship Standings
|1||83||Tim Sears Jr.||180|
|5||10||Josh Van Brocklin||150|
1.) Qualified 2.) Qualified
3.) Qualified 4.) Qualified
5.) Qualified 6.) Qualified
7.) Qualified 8.) Qualified
9.) Qualified 10.) Qualified
11.) Qualified 12.) Qualified
13.) Qualified 14.) Qualified
15.) Qualified 16.) Qualified
17.) Qualified 18.) Qualified
19.) Qualified 20.) Qualified
21.) B-Main Car 1 22.) B-Main Car 2
23.) B-Main Car 3 24.) B-Main Car 4
24.) B-Main Car 5 25.) B-Main Car 6
25.) B-Main Car 7 26.) B-Main Car 8
27.) Provisional 1 28.) Provisional 2
29.) Provisional 3 30.) Provisional 4
2011 DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Series Schedule;
*All events subject to change.
DATE TRACK LOCATION LAPS POINT SCHEDULE
Saturday, April 23rd Can Am Motorsports Park LaFargeville, NY 30 Reference Bulletin
Saturday, April 30th Canandaigua Motorsports Park Canandaigua, NY 50 Reference Bulletin
Sunday, June 5th Cornwall Speedway Cornwall, Ontario 50 100
Monday, July 4th Rolling Wheels Raceway Elbridge, NY` 30 100
Friday, September 9th Ransomville Speedway Ransomville, NY 50 150
Saturday, September 10th Merrittville Speedway Merrittville, Ontario 50 150
Sunday, September 11th Humberstone Speedway Port Colborne, Ontario 50 150
Friday, September 16th Mohawk International Raceway Akwesasne, NY 30 150
Friday, September 23rd Brighton Speedway Brighton, Ontario 30 150
Wednesday, October 5th Cayuga County Fair Speedway Weedsport, NY 30 150
Saturday, October 8th New York State Fairgrounds Syracuse, NY 30 150
Sunday, October 16th Brockville Speedway Brockville, Ontario 50 150