2011 COMPETITOR NOTES – Stars & Stripes Robert N. Petrocci 100
Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Event #5 – Monday, July 4th, 2011
Rolling Wheels Raceway – Elbridge, New York
DIRTcar, Track Staffing and Contacts;
Gary Spaid 585-734-5959 email@example.com
Bob Dini 917-939-5417 firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Fremouw 315-521-0530 email@example.com
Jamie Weaknecht 610-349-5413 SuperDIRTpr@dirtcar.com
John Nelson 716-907-1905 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Skotnicki 704-796-4566 email@example.com
Shane Andrews 315-725-3602 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rolling Wheels Raceway;
Roger Slack 980-939-4341 email@example.com
Jeff Hachmann 315-283-3367 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Farney 315-708-4422 email@example.com
Event Schedule and General Daily Schedule:
Monday, July 4th, 2011:
4:00pm Competitor Pits Open- Hauler Parking
4:15pm Inspection Opens/Draw Begins
6:00pm Mandatory Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Driver’s Meeting @ Series Trailer
6:30pm Hot Laps
Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series
DIRTcar Pro Stock/Stock Car Divisions
DIRTcar Sportsman Series
360 Sprint Car Exhbition
7:00pm Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Bilstein Group Time Trials
7:25pm Opening Ceremonies
7:40pm DIRTcar Pro Stock/ Stock Car Division Qualifying Races (8-laps)
Immediately Following-DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Qualifying Races (8-laps)
Immediately Following – DIRTcar Sportsman Series Qualifying Races (8-laps)
815pm Approx. Super DIRTcar Series Re-Draw (Frontstretch Grandstand side of track)
8:20pm Approx. 360 Sprint Car Exhibition
8:35pm Approx. DIRTcar Pro Stock/Stock Car Division B-Main (if necessary – 8-laps)
Immediately Following – DIRTcar Sportsman Series B-Main (if necessary – 8-laps)
Immediately Following – Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series B-Main (if necessary – 10-laps)
9:00pm Approx. DIRTcar Pro Stock / Stock Car Challenge – 20-laps
9:25pm Approx. DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Series – 25-laps
10:00pm Approx. Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series – 100-laps
Event Specific Rules;
Rulebook: 2011 Super DIRTcar / DIRTcar Rule Book – http://www.dirtcarump.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/2011_DIRT_Northeast_Rulebook_Draft_B3.pdf
Tires: The “Hoosier” D200, D300, D400 or D500 will be permitted.
Fuel: Only VP D-12 will be permitted. Fuel will be available at the track and to be purchased. (Fuel will be available at the speedway through VP).
Driver’s Specific: Be prepared for Mandatory Autograph Session and ‘Outside Introductions’ for the feature event.
- 30 Car Field. (4 Provisional positions available to the 2011 Top-15 in current season championship points.)
- The Qualifying Race lineups will be based on the results of Group Time Trials.
- Top 12 qualifiers in qualifying races will redraw for starting position in the 100-lap feature.
- Number of Qualifying Races will be based on the total number cars competing in the event. (8-lap qualifying races)
- 1 (or multiple) ‘B’-Features (10-laps) may be required as determined by the car count.
- This event will be based on the 100-point schedule.
Event Specific Rules / Race Procedures:
– Group Time Trials will be based on a “green-white-checkered”. The fastest lap will be the ‘time of record’. Any additional laps as determined by Super DIRTcar and/or World Racing Group officials will not be recorded for any qualifying purpose.
– All Qualifying Races will be 8-laps. All ‘B’ Features will be 10-laps. Caution laps will not count.
– All original starts will be side-by-side off turn four in the area of the VP Racing Fuels ‘Making Power Point’ until the green flag is displayed.
– All Restarts will be double-file with lead lap cars to the front in the area of the VP Racing Fuels ‘Making Power Point’. The leader is the control car on all starts and/or restarts.
– The front row must maintain the pace established by the pace car and will be signaled to do so, on the one-way radio, if in the judgment of the Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Officials, the pace is not maintained a penalty and/or penalties may be issued.
– There will be no EZ Pass candidate in any Qualifying Races and/or ‘B’ Features.
– The races may be extended past their scheduled distance with a green-white-checker finish.
Event Specific Rules / Race Procedures continued;
– The feature will be 100-laps. Caution laps will count from lap 1 through the completion of lap 75. From lap 76 to the completion of the event, cautions will not count.
– There will be a four (4) wide pace lap. Odd numbered rows pull to the outside, even numbered rows pull up and fill in. This will be instructed over the one-way radio.
– The Original start will be side-by-side off turn four in the area of the VP Racing Fuels ‘Making Power Point’ until the green flag is displayed.
– All restarts up to the completion of lap 75 will be double-file with lead lap cars to the front – lapped cars will drop to the inside under caution and rejoin the field beginning after the last car on the lead lap in their order of running on the race track at the time of the caution.
– After the completion of lap 75, all remaining restarts will be single file with lead lap cars to the front until the completion of the event.
– On all starts and restarts the front row must maintain the pace established by the pace car and will be signaled to do so, on the one-way radio, if in the judgment of the Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Officials, the pace is not maintained a penalty and/or penalties may be issued.
– The leader is the control car on all starts and/or restarts. Only the leader has choice of inside or outside on starts and/or restarts.
– When the caution is displayed, get into single-file order, you will be signaled over the one-way radio when it is time to go double-file and/or restart single file.
– If the caution is displayed and you must pit, you will not lose a lap in the pits. You may only lose a lap on the race track under green flag conditions.
– If at any time the red flag is displayed and competitors are signaled to stop due to a red flag condition, cars must come to a complete stop. After the field is stopped and is under control of the pace car, Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Officials, will instruct any vehicle not involved in the red flag incident that needs to pit for service, to pull up to the pace car prior to being released to the pit area on the one-way radio. Any car that pits during the red flag period will be required to restart at the tail of the field in their respective position. If any car heads to the pits without following the instructing over the one-way radio, a 1-lap penalty may be issued.
– There will be one (1) car eligible for the ‘EZ Pass Reward’ on each caution. The only car eligible will be the first one (1) lap down. The ‘EZ Pass’ car will be signaled over the one-way radio to pull up behind the pace car, but must not proceed past the pace car until instructed to do so on the one-way radio.
– All races may end with a green-white-checker finish.
– One-way radios are mandatory – two-way radios will not be permitted.
– It is mandatory to have the following decals on the car (DIRTcar, Super DIRTcar Series, VP Racing Fuels and Hoosier) and the driver must have a VP patch on his uniform.
– To be eligible for other available contingencies you must run the decals. Included is a guided map for two available options to place decals on your vehicle.
– Immediately following the conclusion of the event, the first place car needs to go to the scale first, then we need second and third to the scales and to victory lane.
– World Racing Group, Super DIRTcar and/or DIRTcar Officials reserve the right to alter the rules of this and/or any event, provided the competitors are given notice (in advance and/or over the one-way radio) due to any circumstance that require such a change or alteration.
- Be prepared for inspection at Rolling Wheels Raceway when Technical Inspection begins on Monday, July 4th @ 4:00pm;
Inspection to be prepared for:
Safety and General Inspection
General Body Inspection
Pre-Race Engine Inspection
Fuel Samples from Fuel Cell
*** Note: There will be post-race inspection in the designated inspection area at the Series Trailer / Technical Truck following the completion of Victory Lane Ceremonies.
Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Starting Field:
1.) Qualified 2.) Qualified
3.) Qualified 4.) Qualified
5.) Qualified 6.) Qualified
7.) Qualified 8.) Qualified
9.) Qualified 10.) Qualified
11.) Qualified 12.) Qualified
13.) Qualified 14.) Qualified
15.) Qualified 16.) Qualified
17.) Qualified 18.) Qualified
19.) Qualified 20.) Qualified
21.) B-Main 22.) B-Main
23.) B-Main 24.) B-Main
25.) B-Main 26.) B-Main
27.) Provisional 1 28.) Provisional 2
29.) Provisional 3 30.) Provisional 4
2010 Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Championship Point Standings (FINAL)
Finish Car No. Driver Total Difference Wins Top 5 Top 10 Starts
1 9s Matt Sheppard 3,122 0 6 15 18 24
2 98H Jimmy Phelps 3,063 -59 4 14 19 24
3 20 Brett Hearn 2,924 -198 2 8 18 24
4 91 Billy Decker 2,862 -260 1 12 18 24
5 27J Danny Johnson 2,794 -328 2 12 15 23
6 77x Dale Planck 2,634 -488 1 6 10 24
7 49 Billy Dunn 2,505 -617 0 2 12 24
8 99 Ryan Phelps 2,432 -690 0 1 8 24
9 62s Tom Sears Jr. 2,317 -805 1 2 3 24
10 99L Larry Wight 2,303 -819 1 2 8 21
11 8 Rich Scagliotta 2,166 -956 0 1 3 24
12 42P Pat Ward 2,077 -1,045 0 5 11 16
13 4* Michael Storms 2,074 -1,048 0 3 7 20
14 7x Steve Paine 2,015 -1,107 0 3 5 19
15 3T Gary Tomkins 1,869 -1,253 0 3 5 17
16 16 Lance Willix II® 1,822 -1,300 0 0 1 16
17 3H Justin Haers 1,701 -1,421 0 1 7 11
18 1J Alan Johnson 1,693 -1,429 0 2 5 12
19 10v Bobby Varin 1,534 -1,588 0 0 3 6
20 8R Rob Bellinger 1,382 -1,740 0 1 2 8
21 33 Mike Mahaney 1,346 -1,776 0 0 0 9
22 48T Dave Rauscher 1,306 -1,816 0 0 0 6
23 5H Chris Hile 1,282 -1,840 0 0 1 8
24 21K Randy Chrysler 1,267 -1,855 0 0 0 6
25 99B Chuck Bower 1,251 -1,871 0 0 1 8