Weedsport, NY — June 28, 2010 – By Tom Skibinski, DIRTcar Racing Northeast PR Director
Downtown Syracuse comes to life like never before as a half-dozen high-profile cars & stars from the DIRTcar Big-Block Modified ranks race into Central New York for an unforgettable experience during lunchtime.
DIRTcar Racing officials are creating an atmosphere unlike any felt before, as the famous Salt City morphs into a mecca of motorsports activity on Tuesday, July 6 when the ground-pounding Big-Blocks roll through the streets starting at 11:30 a.m. Best of all, everyone is invited, giving the entire community of fans both new and old a rare opportunity to join in the extended holiday festivities featuring a free autograph session that runs from 12noon to 2 p.m.
“This is already on pace to become a landmark occasion, something never before pulled off within the city limits until now,” remarked Jeff Hachmann, DIRTcar Racing Northeast Director of Marketing, Promotions & Sales. “The opportunity for our brand to reach thousands right in their own backyard is an exciting opportunity for both DIRTcar Racing and the entire Syracuse community. All the ingredients are there to make it a blockbuster event like none ever witnessed before, an experience the city officials have worked to embrace since day one.”
The first green flag will wave Tuesday morning as a parade of open-wheel machines begin their march through the city of Syracuse corridors beginning at 11:30 a.m. Onlookers are sure to revel as the 800-horsepower Modifieds fill their senses with all the sights, sounds and smells that have become so familiar at their weekly stomping grounds.
In the rarest of road races that goes green at Clinton Square and takes the checkered flag at the same Clinton Street locale, a police escort will lead the way as the sleek DIRTcar machines of Billy Decker, Brett Hearn, Jimmy Phelps, Ryan Phelps, Matt Sheppard and Michael Storms weave their way around town with engines purring and fuel burning.
The excitement comes to a head when the racers reach Clinton Square, with television and radio personalities the first to flock to the scene for candid interviews while newspaper reporters continue to chronicle the magnitude of the moment. The lunchtime crowd will be treated to a menu filled with high-profile DIRTcar drivers, each anxiously awaiting to participate in an up-close meet & greet autograph session as these Modified stalwarts unbuckle to make their mark on the Syracuse mainstream.
*** Event Information Notification Summary ***
EVENT NAME: “DIRTcar Racing Invades Downtown Syracuse”
EVENT DESCRIPTION: Parade of six (6) Super DIRTcar Series drivers and their race cars through the streets of Downtown Syracuse with a police escort to be followed by driver autographs in Clinton Square.
WHEN: Tuesday, July 6th
• Parade: 11:30am
• Driver Autographs: Noon – 2pm
WHERE: Downtown Syracuse and Clinton Square
• Parade Route: Take the green flag at Clinton Square on Clinton Street and proceeds to W. Jefferson St. where we will go RIGHT, follow around the circle on W. Jefferson St. (The MOST), back to Clinton St. and take RIGHT, proceed to Adams St. and take a LEFT, follow to South State St. and take a LEFT, proceed to Erie Blvd. East and take a LEFT, RIGHT onto Oswego St., LEFT on James St. and finally a LEFT back on Clinton Street where the cars will take the checkered flag at Clinton Square.
• Driver Autograph Session: Northwest corner of Clinton Square (same location as The Farmer’s Market)
WHO: Drivers from the Super DIRTcar Series, including seven-time Super DIRTcar Series Champion Brett Hearn, defending Super DIRTcar Week champion Matt Sheppard, defending DIRTcar All-Star Weekend winner Ryan Phelps, 4-time Super DIRTcar Week Champion Billy Decker, winner of the last two Super DIRTcar Series events Jimmy Phelps and former child actor turned DIRTcar racer Michael Storms.
• Fans: Driver Autographs/Photos, Interactive games, Prizes and receive a FREE Saturday Night Pit Pass when you purchase a 2-day reserved seat for DIRTcar All-Star Weekend July 16-17 at Cayuga County Fair Speedway.
• Media: Once-in-a-lifetime event coverage of race cars in the streets of Downtown Syracuse, one-on-one driver interviews and media credential requests for DIRTcar All-Star Weekend.
RECOMMENDED MEDIA “MONEY SHOT” LOCATIONS:
• Northwest corner of Clinton Square for Green and Checkered flags
• In front of The MOST catching the cars as they turn onto W. Jefferson St. from Clinton St.
• In front of the Syracuse Police Department on South State Street
EVENT CONTACT: Jeff Hachmann – Director- Marketing, Promotions and Sales for DIRTcar NE at 315.834.6606(o) 315.283.3367(c) or firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA REQUESTS: Tom Skibinski – Director-Public Relations for Super DIRTcar Series at 315.834.6606(o) 585.350.8997(c) or email@example.com
DIRTcar Racing Northeast main office is located in Weedsport, N.Y. on Cayuga County Fairgrounds, home of DIRTcar All-Star Weekend in July. Ticket and schedule information is available by contacting the DIRTcar NE office at 315.834.6606 or logging onto www.allstar100weekend.com. Don’t forget to join all the DIRTcar NE tracks (Cayuga County Fair Speedway, Rolling Wheels Raceway and Canandaigua Speedway) on Facebook and follow DIRTcar Racing on Twitter (@DIRTcarNE).