Weedsport, NY — 2010 Competitor Notes Autodrome Edelweiss
Mr. DIRTcar 358-Modified Series Event #2
DIRTcar, Track Staffing and Contacts:
Gary Spaid 585-734-5959 email@example.com
Bob Dini 917-939-5417 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Skibinski 585-350-8997 email@example.com
John Nelson 716-907-1905 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Skotnicki 704-796-4566 email@example.com
Martin Belanger 819-457-4440 firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, July 1st – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series – 100-laps
General Daily Schedule:
2:00 pm – Gates will be open for parking and Inspection Begins (Draw Begins)
4:00 pm – Grandstand Opens
5:05 pm – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
5:15 pm – Hot Laps (Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series)
5:30 pm – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Group Time Trials
6:00 pm – Qualifying Races – Semi-Pro, 358-Modified, Mod-Lite and Mini Stock immediately Following Qualifying – Feature Order; Mod-Lite, Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series, Mini-Stock, Semi-Pro
Event Specific Rules;
Tires; The “Hoosier” D200, D300, D400 or D500 will be permitted.
Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Fuel; Only VP D-109, D-110, D-12 will be permitted. Fuel will be available at the track and to be purchased.
*Note: Currently, there is a ban in place on leaded fuel in Canada, per the Canadian Government and the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (www.ec.gc.ca). Teams need to be prepared for US/Canadian Border Inspection.
100-Lap Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Event:
-30 Car Field Maximum. (4 Provisional positions available to the Top-12 in current season (2010) championship point standings.)
-Number of Qualifying Races will be based on the total number cars competing in the event. (8-lap qualifying races)
-2 (or more) ‘B’-Features (10-laps) – Number of Transfers will be posted at the trailer.
-Top 12 Driver’s from qualifying will redraw for starting position in the feature.
-The race will be on the 100-point schedule.
*** Payoff will be after the conclusion of the event, location to be specified.
Event Specific Rules:
– All starts are side-by-side until the green flag is displayed. The front row must maintain the pace established by the pace car and will be signaled to do so on the one-way radio, if in the judgment of the Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Officials, the pace is not maintained a penalty and/or penalties may be issued.
– All restarts will take place in the area of the ‘VP Racing Fuels Power Point’ (indicated by the placement of the VP Fuel).
– The leader is the control car on all starts and/or restarts
– All restarts up to lap 75 will be double-file with lead lap cars to the front, lapped cars will drop to the inside under caution and rejoin the field beginning after the last car on the lead lap in their order of running on the race track at the time of the caution.
– If the caution is displayed and you must pit, you will not lose a lap in the pits. You may only lose a lap on the race track under green flag conditions.
– After the completion of lap 75, all remaining restarts will be single final until the completion of the event.
– All races will end with a green-white-checker finish
– Cautions will count from lap 1-to-75. From lap 76 to the completion of the event, cautions will not count.
– One-way radios are mandatory – two-way radios will not be permitted.
– When the caution is displayed, please get into single-file order, you will be signaled over the one-way radio when it is time to go double-file and/or restart single file.
– If at any time the red flag is displayed and competitors are signaled to stop due to a red flag condition, cars must come to a complete stop. After the field is stopped and is under control of the pace car, Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Officials, will instruct any vehicle not involved in the red flag incident that needs to pit for service, to pull up to the pace car prior to being released to the pit area on the one-way radio. Any car that pits during the red flag period will be required to restart at the tail of the field in their respective position. If any car heads to the pits without following the instructing over the one-way radio, a 1-lap penalty may be issued.
– It is mandatory to have the following decals on the car (DIRTcar, Super DIRTcar Series, VP Racing Fuels and Hoosier) and the driver must have a VP patch on his uniform.
– To be eligible for other available contingencies you must run the decals. Included is a guided map for two available options to place decals on your vehicle.
– Immediately following the conclusion of the event, the first place car needs to go to the scale first, then we need second and third to the scales and to victory lane.
Be prepared for inspection at Autodrome Edelweiss when Technical Inspection begins – Thursday, July 1st, 2010 – (Bob Dini and Scott Fremouw):
Safety and General Inspection
General Body Inspection
Pre-Race Engine Inspection
Fuel Samples from Fuel Cell
Post Race Weights:
358 DIRTcar Modified = 2,450 lbs
358 Brodix ‘Spec’ Engine = 2,350 lbs
358 ‘Approved’ Ported Iron Heads = 2,650 lbs
*** Note: There will be post-race inspection in the technical inspection area near the Series Trailer / Technical Truck following the completion of Victory Lane Ceremonies.
1.) Qualified 2.) Qualified
3.) Qualified 4.) Qualified
5.) Qualified 6.) Qualified
7.) Qualified 8.) Qualified
9.) Qualified 10.) Qualified
11.) Qualified 12.) Qualified
13.) Qualified 14.) Qualified
15.) Qualied 16.) Qualified
17.) Qualified 18.) Qualified
19.) Qualified 20.) Qualified
21.) Qualified 22.) Qualified
23.) B-Main Car 1 24.) B-Main Car 2
24.) B-Main Car 3 25.) B-Main Car 4
25.) B-Main Car 4 26.) B-Main Car 5
27.) Provisional 1 28.) Provisional 2
29.) Provisional 2 30.) Provisional 4
Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Purse:
DRIVING DIRECTIONS (from I-81):
Take I-81N Towards Canada – Continue onto ON-137N – Take exit onto Hwy 401E toward Ottawa/Montreal – Take exit 721A to merge onto Hwy 416N toward Kemptville/Ottawa – Take exit 75B E to merge onto Hwy 417E toward Ottawa – Take exit 121B for Rochester Street – Merge onto Orangeville Street – Turn Left at Booth St (Entering Quebec on that street) Continue onto Chaudières Bridge – Turn Left on Boulevard Alexandre Taché – Turn Right at the next set of lights on Rue Montcalm – Continue on Montcalm for about 1/2 mile – Turn Right on Hwy 50 E (Signs for Hwy 5 E/QC 148 – E/Ottawa/Maniwaki/Montreal) – Take Exit 138 for QC-307/Rue St-Louis toward Cantley – Turn Right at the traffic light onto QC-307 – You will be on this road for about 13-14 mile – Turn left on Rte 366 (There is an Edelweiss sign at the 3-way road) – Drive about a mile and Edelweiss will be on your left up the hill.