Weedsport, NY — 2010 Competitor Notes Merrittville Speedway
Mr. DIRTcar 358-Modified Series Event #1
DIRTcar, Track Staffing and Contacts:
Gary Spaid 585-734-5959 email@example.com
Bob Dini 917-939-5417 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Skibinski 585-350-8997 email@example.com
John Nelson 716-907-1905 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Skotnicki 704-796-4566 email@example.com
Erica Bicknell 905-892-8266 firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, May 24th – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series – 100-laps
General Daily Schedule:
2:00 pm – Gates will be open for parking and pre-event inspection
3:30 pm – Everyone leave pits.
4:00 pm – Pits open, Inspection Begins (Draw Begins)
5:30 pm – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
6:15 pm – Hot Laps (Hoosier Stocks followed by Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series)
6:45 pm – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Group Time Trials
7:00 pm – National Anthems
7:05 pm – Hoosier Stock Qualifying Races (8-laps)
Immediately Following – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Qualifying Races (8-laps)
Immediately Following – Intermission and Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Redraw (Kid’s Club)
Immediately Following – Hoosier Stock B-Main(s)
Immediately Following – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series B-Main
Immediately Following – Hoosier Stock Feature (25-laps)
Immediately Following – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Feature (100-laps)
Event Specific Rules:
Tires; The “Hoosier” D200, D300, D400 or D500 will be permitted.
Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Fuel; Only VP D-109, D-110, D-12 will be permitted. Fuel will be available at the track and to be purchased.
*Note: Currently, there is a ban in place on leaded fuel in Canada, per the Canadian Government and the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (www.ec.gc.ca). Teams need to be prepared for US/Canadian Border Inspection.
100-Lap Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Event
30 Car Field Maximum. (4 Provisional positions available to the 2009 Top-12 in season ending championship points.) After the completion of the first event, the provisional positions will be based on the current year’s championship point standings.
Number of Qualifying Races will be based on the total number cars competing in the event. (8-lap qualifying races)
2 (or more) ‘B’-Features (10-laps) – Number of Transfers will be posted at the trailer.
Top 12 Driver’s from qualifying will redraw for starting position in the feature.
The race will be on the 100-point schedule.
*** Payoff will be after the conclusion of the event, location to be specified.
Event Specific Rules:
– All starts are side-by-side until the green flag is displayed
– All restarts will take place in the area of the ‘VP Racing Fuels Power Point’ (indicated by the placement of the VP Fuel).
– The leader is the control car on all starts and/or restarts
– All restarts up to lap 75 will be double-file with lead lap cars to the front, lapped cars will drop to the inside under caution and rejoin the field beginning after the last car on the lead lap in their order of running on the race track at the time of the caution.
– If the caution is displayed and you must pit, you will not lose a lap in the pits. You may only lose a lap on the race track under green flag conditions.
– After the completion of lap 75, all remaining restarts will be single final until the completion of the event.
– All races will end with a green-white-checker finish
– Cautions will count from lap 1-to-75. From lap 76 to the completion of the event, cautions will not count.
– One-way radios are mandatory – two-way radios will not be permitted.
– When the caution is displayed, please get into single-file order, you will be signaled over the one-way radio when it is time to go double-file and/or restart single file.
– It is mandatory to have the following decals on the car (DIRTcar, Super DIRTcar Series, VP Racing Fuels and Hoosier) and the driver must have a VP patch on his uniform.
– To be eligible for other available contingencies you must run the decals. Included is a guided map for two available options to place decals on your vehicle.
– Immediately following the conclusion of the event, the first place car needs to go to the scale first, then we need second and third to the scales and to victory lane.
Be prepared for inspection at Merrittville Speedway when Technical Inspection begins – Monday, May 24th – (Bob Dini and Scott Fremouw):
Safety and General Inspection
General Body Inspection
Pre-Race Engine Inspection
Fuel Samples from Fuel Cell
Post Race Weights:
358 DIRTcar Modified = 2,450 lbs
358 Brodix ‘Spec’ Engine = 2,350 lbs
358 ‘Approved’ Ported Iron Heads = 2,650 lbs
*** Note: There will be post-race inspection in the infield at the Series Trailer / Technical Truck following the completion of Victory Lane Ceremonies.
1.) Qualified 2.) Qualified
3.) Qualified 4.) Qualified
5.) Qualified 6.) Qualified
7.) Qualified 8.) Qualified
9.) Qualified 10.) Qualified
11.) Qualified 12.) Qualified
13.) Qualified 14.) Qualified
15.) Qualied 16.) Qualified
17.) Qualified 18.) Qualified
19.) Qualified 20.) Qualified
21.) Qualified 22.) Qualified
23.) B-Main Car 1 24.) B-Main Car 2
24.) B-Main Car 3 25.) B-Main Car 4
25.) B-Main Car 4 26.) B-Main Car 5
27.) Provisional 1 28.) Provisional 2
29.) Provisional 2 30.) Provisional 4
Mr. DIRTcar 358-Modified Series Purse: